5 benefits of Barre workouts:
- Strength, definition, and elongated muscles are achieved through targeting muscle groups from all angles. Barre focuses on muscles you use everyday, as well as, underused and underdeveloped muscled.
- Endurance is gained through a combination of isometric and isotonic movements. Isometric movements, the poses you hold such as a plank. Isotonic movements strengthen your cardiovascular system.
- Flexibility is gained throughout a barre class with fluid movement and stretching. Increased flexibility helps in such areas as back pain.
- Posture is focused on throughout an entire barre class, core muscles are contracted throughout the class. Stand taller and be proud!
- Mind-body connection is so important in our daily lives and is highly focused on in a barre routine. Focusing on the body’s muscle and movement provides a more effective workout and balance heading into your day or evening.
Enjoy one of Jessica’s Barre classes here:
Barre and many other classes are offered at The Wembley Club. Find a class that interests you!
Katie’s parents live in Ohio, she lives in the moment. Passionate about tennis and a few other sports. She is most probably playing tennis, tweeting or eating right now. Go Cavs!