Out of ideas for easy and healthy dinners? Here is a quick and easy dinner!
Always think fresh, colorful, and easy clean up when trying to find new recipes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken if you prefer)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes halved (for more color use tri-colored tomatoes)
- 2.5-3 lbs zucchini, slice into very thin slices. Us
- e a mandolin if one is available
- 3/4 fresh pesto (in the refrigerated section of the grocery store)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. your favorite cooking oil
- Preheat a large skillet on medium heat then add oil. Once oil is hot, saute onions for 3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey or chicken and cook an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Add zucchini, stir, and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off head, add tomatoes and pesto, then stir. Sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!
This is delicious on quinoa for a complete meal with complex carbs.